Farrar J. Barker
Farrar focuses her practice on representing private, public and non-profit entities and individuals in a variety of transactional matters, including formation and organization, corporate governance, securities and financing, business transactions and planning, contract preparation and negotiation, and intellectual property protection.
Farrar invests in knowing her clients’ businesses and industries, allowing her to better anticipate strategic advantages and manage risk for her clients.
Farrar represents clients across a wide range of industries, including real estate, hospitality, technology, defense, manufacturing and health care. Her representation includes clients of all sizes and at all stages – from start-ups to publicly traded companies. Farrar enjoys helping her clients grow and expand their businesses through financing, private securities offerings, joint ventures and acquisitions. She regularly assists individuals and companies of all sizes in the purchase, sale and combination of businesses.
Farrar began her practice with the law firm of Alston & Bird LLP in its corporate transactions and securities group, and practiced with the law firm of Clark Partington before forming Barker Williams, PLLC and Shoreline Title, LLC. Farrar and her husband, Kelly, moved to Santa Rosa Beach in 2012 to be close to their families. They are active in their church and the community, and they have a heart for serving youth. When not in the office, Farrar loves spending time with Kelly, their three children and two dogs somewhere outdoors – usually at the beach, the lacrosse field or the golf course. Farrar is licensed to practice law in Florida and Georgia.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate, Securities & Business
- Business Law (including General Corporate Matters)
- Business Formation
- Business Transactions & Planning
- Contract Preparation, Review & Negotiation
- Intellectual Property Protection
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law, salutatorian, summa cum laude, 2008
- B.A., Southern Methodist University, summa cum laude, 2005
- Selected to 2020 Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Star List
- Georgia Law Review, Notes Editor
- Order of the Coif
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Civil Procedure, Legal Research & Writing, and Constitutional Law II
- Verner F. Chaffin Award for Excellence in the Study of Fiduciary Law
- American Bar Association & Bureau of National Affairs Award for Excellence in the Study of Employment Discrimination Law
- SMU Merit Scholar (4 year)
- Belo Distinguished Journalism Scholar (4 year)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Florida Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Walton County Bar Association
- Walton County Chamber of Commerce
- Florida’s Great Northwest
- Sandcastle Kids, Inc., Board Member
- Destiny Worship Center
- Seaside School Half Marathon & 5K, Registration Co-Chair, 2020 and 2021 Race
- Seaside School, Inc. Board Member